CHRISTMAS IN CASABLANCA (Saturday the 5th, Dec) St. John's Church Fundraiser 10:30am to 2.30pm. All are welcome. We're trusting for a lovely dry day to enjoy our gardens and children's playground. But in the event of rain, our event will still take place - making use of our historic sanctuary, and the church tent at the back of the garden. The following will be some of the activities:
- Christmas Angel Competition: Have a look at our life-size Christmas Angels and be part of the "spare-change" voting. Choose which one you like the best and vote with your spare change.
- Christmas Wreath Auction: Maybe you think you can't find a Christmas wreath to hang on your front door here in Casablanca. Think again! Check out our Christmas wreaths and if you see one you like, join in the auction at the end of the day.
- Craft Table: Looking for some small Christmas gifts to post to family and friends back home? Hunting for some stocking fillers? Maybe you'll find what you need at our craft and gift table.
- Bake Sale: Can you have a church fundraiser without a Bake Sale? I don't think so!! Lots of yummy treats to buy and taste.
- Soup Kitchen: Soup and bread rolls will be available for purchase at lunch time.
- Winter Ice-Bucket Challenge: A few of our church community have bravely volunteered to have a big bucket of icy water poured all over them - in the middle of winter - if the price is right!! To see this take place, we'll have to raise a minimum of 500 dirhams per person to see them soaked on the day.
Communion Services on Sundays
- 9:30 am service every 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month
- 11:15 am service every 1st and 3rd sundays of the month (depending on the month 5th SUNDAY - Communion will be served on both services).
- Sunday school offered in all services.